Sometimes we might feel like the world is crashing down around us. How can we stick two fingers up at it and keep a positive mindset?
It can be hard to shut out negative influences especially when we can’t control who we have to spend time with, such as colleagues… or even, dare I say it – family!
The type I’m talking about, are those who just can’t see the good in anything. We all like a good moan now and then, but some people just don’t know when to stop. That’s fine, each to their own… but it can bring others down, and that’s what I’m talking about here.
So what can we do about it?
- Firstly, if we can spend less time around negative people or situations, do it. It’s good for our fucking health.
- Look after ourselves, it’s harder to deal with shitty situations if were tired, hungry or HANGRY. In fact, if we’re hangry we’re probably part of the problem – let’s be honest.
- Hang around with positive people. It’s one of the best things we can do, time with them is happy, floaty and all that jazz. Give it a go.
- Be the positive person. Retrain your mind, we all have off days but if we can wake up and decide to be in a good mood 90% of the time, then I reckon we’re on to a winner. Get a good morning routine going too and start the day off right – That’s a two for one.
- Exercise and release those endorphins.
- Accept the shitty situation, deal with it and find a solution. We can’t just sit there wallowing we need to take action and move on – whenever possible.
- Try a gratitude log. Sometimes it’s easy to focus on all the crap and forget about what good stuff we actually have going on. Make a point of writing something down daily that we are grateful for. We can look back on it all and realise that actually we have an awful lot to be happy about.
- “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all: – Thumper. Don’t lower ourselves, if people are being shitty, mean or negative then either rise above it and remain nice, or keep our mouths shut.
- If all else fails, shove in our earphones and listen to some decent music. This will really shut it out. I’d say we should only use this as a last resort… In certain situations it’s not even possible and might make us look like a dick. So use it wisely and only when it suits the situation in hand.
I’ve even surprised myself with what I’ve managed to think up here… If you have any other suggestions no matter how wild, please share them in the comments. I honestly could use some help with this myself sometimes!!
Rid the negatives, Reap the Positives.
Peace and Love
No one ever truly feels like they have everything under control… do they?